May 2019-A New Challenge

After some extensive, and by extensive I mean me watching various videos on my iphone at 2 a.m, I've decided to steer my course a little when it comes to my weight loss/heath journey. One of the things I struggle with the most is making sure I get enough fruits, veggies, vitamins, and minerals in my diet. While a water fast is beneficial to cleansing your system it does little-well nothing to replenish your health in terms of healthy food intake. Obviously. So after much consideration I've decided to do a green juice fast. Everyday for the entire month of May, I will consume green juices, caffeine free peppermint tea, and water. I'm hoping this cleanse will give me the results I'm looking for, which I mentioned in my last post. There are only a few days left in April so I have some time to prepare. I'll need some jugs of purified water, my green juice dried mixture, peppermint tea, and some fresh lemons (for my water). I hope to take notes on my experience everyday on paper, and then update here once a week after weigh-ins. I'm making it a point to only weigh myself once a week. I feel as though seeing bigger results spaced out is better than seeing minimal results every single day. With that in mind, I'm sure the first week will be the hardest. Hopefully I can encourage myself to stay strong! I know if I can give up soda for an entire year, (coming soon on May 21st) I can complete a juice cleanse. It's mind over matter. Graduation is on June 2nd so if I'm counting correctly I will have exactly 32 days to get this right! If I feel as though I have to cheat (If I'm feeling faint or ill) than I will only consume items that are mostly water, like watermelon, celery, or broth. I will document my starting weigh, the condition of my skin, energy levels, and stomach bloaty-levels (that's not a word...) on April 30th. However, I do believe I currently weigh about 164 lbs, so If I'm being honest with myself I would like to lose at least 20 lbs, (I'd even settle for 10 or 15) improve my skin, and reduce my stomach bloat in time for my commencement ceremony. Happy juicing!

Love,
Lane

Comments